Is it your favorite canine’s birthday? Here are some ways to celebrate his extra special day on this extra ordinary day:
- Choose a fitting gift from the toy aisle at any pet store.
- Make a doggie-theme banner to decorate with. You can make a bone-shaped banner with construction paper and yarn, toss some dog-friendly confetti on all of the tables, or find pet-themed party decorations online.
- Make pet-friendly treats for your pet party using some everyday baking ingredients, such as flour, eggs, and applesauce or baby food. Blend in shredded veggies for nutrients and top it with cream cheese or peanut butter,
- Serve up a side of dog-friendly ice cream (since dairy ice cream is terrible on a canine’s gastrointestinal tract). Blend bananas with plain yogurt and creamy peanut butter, then freeze overnight to get the right consistency. You can also make puppy ice pops with chicken or beef broth: simply pour it into a mold and freeze.
- Make some DIY party hats for your pet using construction paper and non-toxic glue, and a celebratory bandana using some fabric and cloth glue.
- Invite your dog’s entire gang, including their human companions!
- Set up a pet-photo booth and have your guests upload their photos to Instagram or Facebook with a custom hashtag, so you can see all of the fun in one place.