This holiday season, show your canine some extra special love by making them these simple and delicious sweet potato treats. Made with only five ingredients, this is an edible present that your furry friends will love. Check out our other natural treat recipes:
- 3.5oz container of sweet potato baby food
- ¾ cup + 1 Tbsp flour (you may also substitute this exact measurement with gluten-free flour)
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 egg, beaten
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Combine sweet potato baby food, flour, rolled oats and honey. Once mixed, transfer mixture to a lightly floured working surface and knead dough.
3. Roll dough to a thickness of ¼ to ½ inch of thickness. Use desired cookie cutters to punch out shapes.
4. Place cutouts on lined baking sheet, and lightly brush the tops of cutouts with the beaten egg wash.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes until treats are crisp and golden in color. Rotate sheet midway through baking. Once the treats are cooled, enjoy watching your dog eat something delicious and homemade by you 🙂
Thank you to thelittleepicurean.com for this tasty treat!
Lovely photo by @maya_shustov