This Halloween, make sure your canines and felines get pet-friendly treats. Here are two pumpkin-related recipes for the animal in your life:
Pumpkin-Tuna Cat Treats
- 1 (7.5 Oz) can salmon in water with no salt
- Half a cup of old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup of pumpkin puree
- One egg
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step Two: Put the oats in a blender and blend them into a fine flour.
- Step Three: Combine the rest of your ingredients in a bowl, mix them well, then add your oat flour.
- Step Four: Form small cookies from the dough and place them on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cookies are firm. Let the cookies cool and serve to your cat. You can also break these cookies into smaller pieces, so they’ll be easier for your cat to eat.
Recipe courtesy of hepper.com
Gluten-free Peanut Butter Pumpkin Dog Treats
- 2½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup organic peanut butter
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil melted then slightly cooled
- 1 cup plain pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Roll dough out gently onto a cutting board dusted lightly with additional coconut flour, or onto a rolpat. Roll out to about ¼ – ½ inch thick.
- Cut out shapes using your preferred cookie cutters.
- Transfer gently to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. Treats should have a slightly golden color around the edges.
- Cool on cookie sheets before serving.
- May be stored in airtight containers for up to three weeks.
Recipe courtesy of urbanblisslife.com